Exploring Tambor from Cristina's Cabinas


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 28th 2015
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.71615, -85.03

The ride to Tambor was uneventful and Cristina's is just off the main road and the bus stop is right there so will be easy for our onward journey. The taxi driver knew exactly where Cristina's was and we arrived and went to check in. Cristina told us the room was too small for us and our luggage and we told her it was not going to be a problem. People just cannot understand that we can make small spaces work especially if the price is right!

Took a short nap and then got cleaned up and walked down to the beach to check things out and then back to Cristina's for dinner. Laura had Garlic Shrimp and Robert had Pescado Tambor and both were quite delicious. We visited with a couple from New York there on their honeymoon. They had been to Santa Teresa so we talked about what their experiences were because that is next on our travels after Montezuma.

One of the reasons we had chosen to go to Cristina's was that they advertised they had kayaks for rent and we had read there was a river nearby that you could get to and kayak. There were two kayaks on the property, one a single and one a double.

Talked to Eduardo, the son and he gave us the details on renting the kayaks and the tide times. More about the tide times later as they are important when planning your adventure.

See our review on Tripadvisor as well as reservations link, here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g644052-d3654088-r257172296-Cabinas_y_Restaurante_Cristina-Tambor_Province_of_Puntarenas.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The new and the old Churches of TamborThe new and the old Churches of Tambor
The new and the old Churches of Tambor

the one on the left was supposedly built in the 1700's


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb