Free Flight, Bumpy Flight, First Day San Jose


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 26th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.93, -84.08

For those who are new to our posts, we have become quite expert at finding those frequent flyer deals that allow us to travel to many of our destinations virtually free. This trip to Costa Rica was no exception in that we were flying on frequent flyer miles and had only to pay the taxes to get here.

Of course you have to fly some unusual routes to get to your destination at times. We flew from Austin to JFK in New York and then on to San Jose, Costa Rica. Had been watching the weather before we took off and were hoping the weather would hold at JFK and we would not have to deal with snow or ice. Wishes granted but we could see frozen ponds as we took off heading for San Jose.

Oh, no my worst fears on a plane ride, turbulence!!!!! This time it was not short lived but continued for quite some time. The seat belt light was one but there were people who felt it was ok to move about the cabin anyway. Fortunately we landed in San Jose fairly smoothly.

Got picked up by the Hostel shuttle after a about 30 minute wait and got to our room. The owner of the place, also shuttle pickup was kind enough to let us stop at the Mas y Menos and get some wine to celebrate and welcome ourselves to Costa Rica!!!

The next morning had gallo pinto at the hostel and then set out to find the store again and check out the neighborhood. The hostel is in a quiet suburb of San Jose and it was no problem walking around. Our biggest problem was not buying out the store because we would have to carry it all onward to Montezuma and our bags were quite full.

Had ourselves a fine dinner..........chef salad with chicken and hearts of palm and a glass of wine. Ventured up the stairs to the balcony for a fine view of the city as the sun was going down.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb