Ollies point, perfect waves, perfect weather, perfect crew and perfect crowds..no-one!


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sat arvo I went to my first Tico wedding.Sat arvo I went to my first Tico wedding.Sat arvo I went to my first Tico wedding.

Was really cool, quite small with mostly family and friends, so I stuck out like a sore thumb
Good day family and friends wherever you are, I am sun burnt and stoaked which I possibly my favourite feeling. As that means beach and waves have been had. Ill keep the writing short cause the pics are way cooler. Sat evening Pablo, Tuti, Kat, Ana, Ge and I made the drive north towards Nigaragua to spend the night at Ges pad on the beach. I cant remember the name of the beach but if you can picture Witchs Rock by boat you would head north around the point to the next big bay. There is no surf here but its so beautiful and chilled, there are only about 10 houses here (not your two story carpet and TV type homes), a river and magic sunsets every night. Up early the next morn for the mission to Ollies Point, the world famous right hander which Wingnut in the Endless Summer 2 caught the 1 min ride. Ill let the pics explain the road but it was worth it, the surf was gangbusters......


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Una BocaUna Boca
Una Boca

This was some food at the reception, cabbage, CR salsa with tomato and pork crackling.
These lil dudes are everywhere.These lil dudes are everywhere.
These lil dudes are everywhere.

They get quite a bit bigger too..
All aloneAll alone
All alone

Which wasnt that cool as the clutch cable snapped causing a bit of stress as we where in the middle of no where with a wee bit of water and no reception.
Ge and AnaGe and Ana
Ge and Ana

Lucky Ges uncle pulled in on his boat for a surf and had some tools..
Its an amazing driveIts an amazing drive
Its an amazing drive

Which however is illegal as the land is all owned by some gringo dude, Ge managed to talk the parks rangers around. So unfortunatly paying alot of USD and cruzing around in a boat is the only option, unless you got the tico contacts.....


1st December 2005

just to tell you the name of the beach where we stayed the night before ollies....
1st December 2005

name of the beach
the name was cuajiniquil! and the bay you see from the top of the hills is name santa elena bay! you forgot to mentioned that in ollies place is located the largest black forest of central america!! also that we croos and where santa rosa is is importan as a national park because is the last primary dry forest in central america also!!!! Good luck in your journey and hope we got you back soon!!
8th January 2010

hello
me and my friends are taking a trip down to Costa Rica but we dont exactly know where to stay and surf. i saw your pics of ollies point and man they look awesome. We are gonna be on a a small budget of money and dont wanna spend a lot on like a hotel and food. what do you recommend as far as cheap but unforgettable stay. I also love to surf, so if you could give me any information, that would be extreamly nice of you. thanks - Keith

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0973s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb