Bahia Majagual Eco Resort


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I guess this email wont give you a very good idea of how Nicaragua is as the last three days have been spent in Bahia Majagual. The border crossing was fine, just takes a long time for everything to go throu. Caught a taxi with Lee and Lucus, a couple that have been living in Mal Pais for 13 yrs to San Juan del Sur but they decided to cruz on to this Eco Lodge they had heard about so I tagged along. It is so outta the way by boat is pretty much the only way to get here, unless you do the big beach walk from San Juan del Sur which gets extremely hot if you've got your pack. It is however so beautiful and chilled out its hard to think ive got to get the energy to leave tomorrow. There is about 40 backpackers here. There is maybe 5 buildings, thatched roofs, open walls, there is a big dorm and hammocks to sleep in, and it is right on the beach which is a really laxed and deserted. We had a great Saturday night in the main hang out spot, which is the bar resturant area with hammocks all around and really nice food. After everyone had eaten and socialized the music got cranking and we all danced till the wee hours of the morn. It also started to rain sat night for the first time this 'winter' which was amazing. Standing on the beach in the early morn watching the biggest brightest most powerful lighting display ive ever seen was definatly the highlight. The whole bay was lit up with massive forked lighting which would shoot from behind the rocky cliffs on either side. Otherwise the days have been spent reading, swimming and sleeping , which is kinda all there is to do here. It has been a very relaxing few days. So now im planning the trip back with a couple of Aussie dudes keen to check out Costa Rica which should be cool. I have possibly scored some work with the owners of Las Tinajas making new tables and chairs for the resturant which should be fun. Then this weekend Russ da Muss and his lady Kim will be arriving and I cant wait bro! Take it easy everyone, sorry no photos but dumb old Dan forgot to charge my camera batteries, hopefully i can find a sony camera here to throw in my card and snap some shots, if so next blog wil be some pics.
Much love
Dan

Advertisement



15th September 2005

Majagual
Hey, was that crazy Ausie Paul still running the place when you were there? When I went last year, he would pick travellers up at 10 in his big, ugly, but awesome red truck. We missed it and caught a cab. There were parts of the 10km drive where we had to get out and push the cab because it couldn't make it up some hills (that was fun). There is also a good surfing spot a short walk 5-10 minutes south if you walk through the tenting area and through the fenced pathway, onto the beach (turn left at the beach), walk around and past the rocky point, and there it is... Playa Madera, she was beautiful and uncrowded, with sting rays and small sharks hanging around(saw one through the water while I was surfing, pretty neat I tell ya). Paul was awesome, he'd make fun of hippies and and crank the tunes at night and get wasted with us Canadians and the Danish folks we were haning out with... good times. I'll definitely return one day. If you want pics, feel free to check out http://wegotsclass.bluesurfmedia.com/costarica/ Pura Vida, I love travelling!

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb