No Plans For You, Sayeth Life


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
December 23rd 2010
Published: December 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

i slept right through my alarm sunday morning and didn't wake up until 8 am. i was supposed to wake up at 5:30 am to join a few other volunteers on a guided hike to the top of the peak, but saturday night's dancing festivities made sure that didn't happen.

so i missed the hike, which turned out to be a long, arduous, all-day affair; and the peak was socked in with clouds anyway. down at the ranch, however, we had a delicious brunch followed by a short hike to a waterfall up the road. there was splashing and swimming and sliding on rocks. when we got back i joined grace, lara and andrea for a long walk that involved bamboo and kung-fu panda posing. upon our return i accompanied julie on her walk to La Iguana. mmmm, chocolate. so it would seem, once again, that Life disregarded my plans and came up with something even better. high five, Life. well played.

i must say, it was a pretty fantastic weekend. monday and tuesday were occupied by work, interspersed with trips to the waterfall and, of course, ridiculous amounts of incredibly tasty food. i find myself just trying to keep busy throughout the day while i anticipate the next gigantic and mind blowing meal.

wednesday morning paulina and chris left, which made me a little sad. i really enjoyed those two. it's all part of the dynamic here -- people coming and going, friendships being forged and then quickly becoming muted by great distances. it has been a wonderful lesson in enjoying the ebb and flow of life and remaining grateful, yet unattached.

well, bryan is getting all contemplative, which usually means it's the end of an entry. i know this one is short, but the next one will make up for it; i promise. thanks again for reading! next time we'll talk about christmas in the tropics with reindeer leaves, sushi dinners, and bryan in a grass skirt! won't that be fun, boys and girls? it sure will!

i'll leave you with some nature photos. enjoy!

cheers,

bryan


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th December 2010

Love it
LOVE.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb