Los Rapidos!


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I had the opportunity to ride 20 miles of the Pacuare River rapids this past weekend. It is said to be one of the most beautiful rapids in the world and that it is. The river is surrounded by lush green forests with water falls flowing into it as it meandors it´s way to the caribbean. There were areas of the river that were very rapid, level four, but there were also some calm areas at which I was able to swim in the water and float down the river. It was so refreshing when we approached these tranquil areas of the river and only heard the sound of nature. There were only a few quiet bungalows and some indiginous communities along the side of the river. It was exactly the image you think of when you think of Costa Rica, absolutely breath taking.

There were six of us in the raft and one person in a kayak that followed us in case we needed any assistance. Luckily nobody fell out of the raft, but I think it was because the water was pretty low due to the fact that it is the dry season. I respected the fact that the man kayaking picked up garbage he found floating in the river. The world would be such a better place if everyone respected nature just the same.

I must admit that they next day my whole body ached from the miles of paddling, but the excersise felt great. Ahora, yo estoy fuerte!

Advertisement



26th April 2007

Filez Cumpianos
Amy, happy birthday (tomorrow) chica! I hope you have a wonderful b-day in Costa Rica! Love ya babes! Kt
20th May 2007

We miss you Adventuring Amy!!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb