Day trip, Zarcero & Termales del Bosque


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
December 26th 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

ZarceroZarceroZarcero

Pond in central park of Zarcero
Our friends Will, Mark and Ruth came to visit from Atenas so we could take them to the thermal waters with us. Callista and I've been anxious to get back for another volcanic mud mask and facial.

We pass thru the town of Zarcero on the way to the hot springs so we stopped to stretch our legs. The last time our friends passed thru it was cloudy so they didn't get to see all the beautiful topiaries. The topiaries we strung with lights this time but we visited during the day and didn't get to see them lit up. We'll make a point of visiting at night next Christmas, I bet it's spectacular all lit up.

At the thermal waters we began talking to other foreigners which is natural for us. We like listening to people from other countries and try to figure out where they're from before asking. Aussies and Kiwi's are hard for us to tell apart. After chatting for a few minutes Callista realized we'd met one of the women before. It turns out she remember us as well as we'd visited the zoo nearby that she works for. This really is a small country and we're being recognized more and more. Strange, very strange.

We all had a great time relaxing in the healing waters with the locals. There were more people at the hot springs this time than we've seen on our three previous visits combined. It is vacation time for the locals. We met a terrific couple who invited us to come visit them outside San Jose so they could show us 'their' part of the country. Bill and I are looking forward to it.

Pura Vida!
Jen, Bill and Callista


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



31st December 2006

Can't wait to visit there with you next time!
31st December 2006

Just call when you're ready!
Cal and I are always ready to go back, Bill enjoys it as well. Massages are a little steep for me, $22 for 30 min but the $7 mask is a fun treat. They won't let Bear stay in the hotel so we aren't able to do overnights. We tried the restaurant this time, EXCELLENT! Happy New Year! Hope you get some sleep.
1st January 2007

wow
my husband and i just returned from a visit to costa rica and we went to termales on Thursday! we missed you by a few days- it was great! we also stopped in the park in zarcero.

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb