Costa Rica!!


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shuttle to the hotelShuttle to the hotelShuttle to the hotel

This is our diving crew and Rudy, the tour guide, while we're on the main land.
Holy moly...we're here! I finally found internet access...it's a bad connection, but I've got it! So far we've survived the flight, canopy tour, white water rafting, and alex being attacked by a souvenir display shelf. Actually...he walked into it, but i did get a picture of the battle wound for records sake.

Here's what you've missed:



10/6/2007 - 6:19 a.m.

We're off to a good sta...well...we're off to a start.

I managed to catch up with my Dad for the first time in months over dinner downtown, wrap up loose ends at work, get my blood drawn at Foote, and make it home to pack by 11:30 p.m.

My little sister, Calley, graciously volunteered to take us to the Holiday Inn for the shuttle bus to Detroit at 3:40 in the morning. We had three hours to pack after getting home and settled and got it done with not much time to spare.

I recommend the shuttle. They have stops from Jackson to Detroit and from Detroit to Jackson from 3:40 a.m. to 11:50 p.m. for $20.00. Check it out at: www.MichiganFlyer.com

Alex said I should mention that I've been very crabby.
Rice and BeansRice and BeansRice and Beans

We eat rice and beans at least two times a day...
I'm not a pull an all nighter, not eat, bottled water is a thousand dollars at the airport kind of person. Great personality for so much travel coming up, eh?




8:03 p.m. - Jackson, MI & 6:03 p.m. San Jose, Costa Rica (now switching to Costa Rica time)

We're finally in our hotel. We had an hour layover in Miami that was nice to stretch our legs and grab a bite for lunch. The Costa Rica airport made it obvious that we weren't home anymore. Aside from the language barrier, while our food options in Detroit were Quiznos or Quiznos, they had everything from upscale perfume stores to gourmet coffee with a lot of alcohol options in between. We passed all of the inviting little stores, made it through customs and off to our two and a half hour shuttle ride to the hotel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

HUGE spiderHUGE spider
HUGE spider

This "little" guy was hanging out on the stairs outside of the place we stopped for lunch.
GardenGarden
Garden

This is the back yard of the place we stopped to eat at for lunch. It was drizzly and overcast. The rain comes and goes.
Arenal VolcanoArenal Volcano
Arenal Volcano

This is the worlds most active volcano...which I had no idea would be our neighbor.
The ViewThe View
The View

This is our view from our room.
TowelsTowels
Towels

We were greeted by a swan on our bed. This was our shower towel and wash cloths.
Canopy TourCanopy Tour
Canopy Tour

Sammy kept getting stuck and had to pull himself in. I had to a couple times myself.
Canopy TourCanopy Tour
Canopy Tour

This is my view from the canopy tour...and my toes off to the right.


9th October 2007

WOW!!!!!!
Hey Suzanne, Though you seem to have had a rough start, it looks like your trip is shaping up nicely!! Love keeping up with your travels, thank you for doing this blog!! I love you, mom xxooxxoo
9th October 2007

WOW!
Those pictures are amazing! It looks like your having a blast so far!
9th October 2007

love you
I need a vaction right now. can i be your stunt double?

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb