san jose at last


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, after an epic journey on a budget bus that got stuck at the border because the officials had knocked off for the day and didnt feel like chekcing our luggage, we are now located in central San Jose, staying in a rundown shack of a hotel for about 7 dollars a night. The room looks like a cardboard box and the walls dont go all the way up to the ceiling, but it has a bed, and after a night spent wrestling with armrests and velcro curtains sleeping on the bus, anything is good! We got done for 20 dollars at the border, as apparently we had been irresponsible and not gotten ourselves a tourist card on arrival at the airport (I tried to persuade the customs officer that that is his colleagues job to hand out any paperwork we might need and that we had no way of knowing, to which he grunted and said we could not leave the country and that we should know better!).

Now we thought we would head off to the Jade museum and check out some rocks! As soon as we find a place that will let us upload our pics or something more to write about, we will get back to you.

PS. Weve had a few "are-you-alive-theres-a-hurricane-in-cuba" mails from our loved ones and just want to say we got out of there in the nick of time...safe and sound.

Over and out.

Advertisement



13th July 2005

Irresponsible tourists!!!! No tourist card!!!! Of course he gave you a receipt for the $20 ... not! Glad to see the winds didn't grab you. Travel safely. Mispah.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb