Bus ride from San Jose to Atenas


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Margie & I started out our trek to Atenas by bus at 8am yesterday. It was a cool-ish (maybe upper 60's) partly cloudy morning. That first bus from San Pedro to as close as we could get to the Coca Cola Bus Station in San Jose. This is a route we have taken before...to check out the downtown area of San Jose. We then walked about a mile to the Coca Cola Bus Station. Being a Sunday morning there were not many people in town but more than you might think. I've posted photos from yesterday's bus trips & our time in Atenas. I'll have two separate blogs for these. In addition, you might want to check out the photos I added to the blog of the inside of Nitzi's house plus a few of the Tica artist we went to visit, Sonia Amfaro.

So back to Coca Cola. It seems most buses run on time here in CR. It's pretty amazing as there has to be hundreds in use each day in the San Jose area. They are not expensive to ride either. For instance to go from San Jose/Coca Cola it costs 810 colones each way. That's about $1.60. It's about an hour ride....maybe 40 miles. They tend to be a bit more comfortable for these longer bus rides than the ones that just run in the San Jose area. The drivers seem to drive fairly carefully but overall we've noticed that most Tico drivers drive faster and take more chances than we do in the states. On the last leg of our trip home today the driver was listening to a U.S radio station. Some good music from the 70's.

So once we hit the road on time at 11am, I enjoyed watching the passing scenery...as I had never gone to Atenas before. There were commercial areas, scenic country vistas as well as the airport we landed at over a week ago.

Our time in Atenas and update on finding a place for me to rent there in next blog






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



18th January 2011

Great pictures! Looking forward to reading about your new digs!
18th January 2011

just posted my blog about my new home
me
18th January 2011

yep!
Yay!

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb