Mt. Chirripo Hike


Advertisement
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Loading the carLoading the carLoading the car

Terry, Bill and Edgar tying things down.
Reservations were made in December for the Feb 6th hike up Mt. Chirripo. Hiking alongside Bill would be our friends Edgar, Solange and Terry. It was decided Callista & I would drive down with the gang and wait at the hotel for them to return from the two day hike. With Terry and Bill speaking limited Spanish and Edgar and Solange limited English, Callista and I were needed to interpret. Bear, well he goes where ever Callista and I go, besides we’d seen a couple of the hotel possibilities before and felt more comfortable having Bear in case we needed protecting. Everyone arrived at our house early Monday morning to load up. We piled into our car Tico style, five adults, a child and a dog. Anything not breathing was tied on top of the car on the new rack Bill built over the weekend and we were off on another adventure.

For the rest of the story click here or check out our website: www.anewlifeincostarica.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Checking in at the Ranger StationChecking in at the Ranger Station
Checking in at the Ranger Station

You have to check in prior to hiking. We did it the day before the hike so the gang could get an early start.
Heading outHeading out
Heading out

The gang left the hotel at 5am to begin the hike.
Terry and Bill still smilingTerry and Bill still smiling
Terry and Bill still smiling

Bill said this was near the beginning of the hike, before they knew what lay ahead.


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb