Our First Adventure


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

-Our trip to Cobano, Costa Rica




Our journey here was long and exhausting. We left Vancouver at 530 on Thursday the 6th. Thankfully our flight got delayed by 2 hours so we didn't have to spend so much time in Toronto airport. We spent the night trying to find a quiet bench or somewhere we could curl up and get a little sleep. After walking around for about an hour we finally found somewhere to crash. We didn't end up falling asleep until 330 and we had to be up at 515. So not very much sleep.



The flight from Toronto to San Jose almost killed us. We quit smoking once we got on that plane, so knowing we weren't going to have a smoke as soon as we got off the plane made us go crazy. Plus travelling made us both feel very nauseous and over all just not feel very well. Before we even hit the ground we could feel the heat already. It was unbelievable. Once we got off the plane the heat completely hit us. It was 29 degrees when we landed and that was cold to the ticos(the locals).



Tristan's dad, Colin, was there to meet us once we got through customs. It was so nice to see him. We went back to the hotel where Kim, Hannah, and Hayden were waiting for us. We got big warming hugs from some of the greatest loving people in this world. First thing we did once we got to the hotel was change into our bathing suits and jumped into the pool. Very very refreshing. After our dip in the pool we packed up all our stuff and squished into the car and took off for our final destination. Cobano, Costa Rica.



I fell in love with this country from the moment we landed. It's so green and it's all jungle. Our drive back to Cobano from San Jose was kind of frightening. The driving here is CRAZY. Not like Canada at all. We stopped at this restaurant during a torrential down pour and it was so neat. A lot of people don't speak English here it's all Spanish. I have also fallen in love with the language. It's so beautiful. After dinner we piled back into the vehicle and were on the road again. It's about a 5 hour ride from San Jose to Cobano. So over all our day of travelling was about 32 hours more or less with time changes and everything. Tristan and I were completely exhausted and so excited to sleep in a bed. As soon as our heads hit the pillow we were out just like that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb