Waterfalls and Beaches


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well our morning started off pretty good as we wandered down to the market for breakfast. After buying a bunch of stuff we headed back to the hostel and cooked a huge breakfast for two bucks each. Following that, we switched hostels to one right on the beach and got our gear ready for a day of hiking. Our first stop was a waterfall in the jungle. The five of us headed up to them and spent a few hours jumping off rocks into the pools and wandering through the many falls. Our photography skills were non existent but a different tourist got some good ones of us jumping through the waterfall. It was super fun other than Morris breaking his sandals. After the falls we headed back to the hostel to refill water bottles and drop off cameras for our beach walk. Grabbing a quick snack at the market, we headed along the beach. There was susposed to be a super nice beach a little further but the one we were on looked good to me. This was not the greatest idea because after walking for an hour, nothing had changed other than me breaking my sandals. We were still on a long sandy beach, so we dropped our stuff and headed into the water for some body surfing. After some time we realized there was a strong rip current (one that pulls you out to sea). Matt and I started swimming for shore realizing the others were all on the beach and we were pretty far out and getting further away. After a long swim against the current we made it back in with some help from breaking waves. We all decided to head back after I smashed open some coconuts to find no good filling. After showers it was dinner at a fish place and then off to some hammocks to relax. A pretty nice day of water activities and sun. In the morning we will have to go get new sandals, my bare feet can't take the hot gravel roads. 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb