Night Tour


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Of all the things to do in Monteverde, we wanted to see the wildlife the most. So our first day we we were going to explore the town and then head on the night tour which was the best bet to see animals. Matt and I headed up to an art store while the others wandered around town. It ended up being two clicks up a steep hill and my knee didn't like that. The art was alright but very pricey. After wandering into all the expensive souvenir shops we headed out in the night tour. It was amazing! Starting out we saw a tucan chilling in a tree, followed by some crazy insects. Just as we were starting to get a little disappointed in the tour, there was a breakout of animals. First we found a huge turantula which we poked with a stick to get it into action then came the possum. He was a pretty evil looking guy with glowing eyes and a black mask but nonetheless yawning and looking pretty relaxed. Some clicking bugs were around with glow in the dark orange eyes, chiilling on the forest floor. Next came the raccoon then the sloths! I had never seen a sloth before so these guys were awesome. They hung upside down like huge fur balls, looking around at us in the flash light. Then to top the night we saw some cool sleeping birds one particular one being the long tailed manekin. On the way out a huge green pit viper was hunting for food. It was hanging in a tree just waiting for prey. We were pretty excited and got some great photoes of the animals. The only down side to this tour was us being guys, would flash each other in the eyes constantly with our torches so we were constantly squinting. What a great day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb