Tat Tuesday 1/17


Advertisement
Published: January 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke to roosters, howling white face monkeys...and, the sweet sound of construction next door...all at the bewitching hour of 6am.

We got up early as we had to eat and catch the tico bus to Manual Antonio Natural Park...as we wanted to get there early and hike the trails to experience the park at its liviest.

We "hired" a guide for a private tour...just the 4 of us...nick named "skinny" or "flacko"....I(jill typing now) kept making a folding motion with my hands as if i were going to fold flako up and stick him in my pocket to take him home...as he was jimmy's type---a souvienor of sorts. He carried a telescope and pointed out all sorts of things the naked eye would never see...sleeping bats, sleeping hawk, a 2 toed sloth, many white faced monkeys--too cute...and a jesus christ lizard that fell from the canopy from about 20' up...to which Mark remarked..."oh it would make a nice hand bag"...not realizing the fall would not kill it.

At some point along the trail, we heard "howling monkeys"...which according to flako are rare to be seen in MA park. we stood around looking with other guides and groups trying to find the canopy where they were screetching from....which could be heard from a mile away...hence, they could be ANY where...when, I, in a clearing looked thru the jungle to a large black mass moving in the tree tops....I then proclaimed..." I found them"....immediately EVERYONE ran over---guides amazed, groups falling over themselves to set up there telescopes to peer for themselves....to which one rather large hippie women asked if she could look thru OUR telescope(which we paid $100 for)--and, tried to explain that "i was in the group before..i paid and it is ok can i look"...to which flako replied..."no". At which time, danny made the folding motion about flacko...we loved him and had a great times seeing nature and this incredible country.

once outside the park is a market of sorts....serongs, trinkets, t shirts, pots, etc...all set up along the beach. there we fell upon henna artist...WHO, by the way was a dark, beautiful tica...who i wanted to fold up and take home. instead, i convinced danny to get a gecko tat on his neck...so i could photo danny? ahhh, no. yes, the tica!!!! pics galore when we get home..if she is not with me.

spent the rest of the day at our cove beach amonst the primates "naked men".

then another sunset at the pool, dinner at a very local joint. this place was hysterical...

i have to stop now as this cafe is closing...but, more to come about todays adventure and tomorrows canopy tour.

love to all..
jill and danny

Advertisement



19th January 2006

henna
oh, jill, you should have gotten a henna,, they are nice (esp becaue they are temporary). also, what the hell is a tica? can you buy one? man, you really need mommy or me there, to get you shopping,,, i hope you picked up lots of goodies!!! we would have!!! jungle tour sounds like it was wonderful! keep relaxing and buy something damn it!
19th January 2006

oh wait
oh, wait, is a tica a species that you saw on your canopy tour? don't even think of smuggling something like that home, jezzz jill, you will be in jail in some 3rd world country, we wont be able to hlep you.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb