A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the Way to the .......in my case airport


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Puntarenas » Jaco
February 25th 2013
Published: February 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Francisco and I were just driving along near the airport and who should we see but CC - Clive Cory. What could I do but stop and pick him up. Seems he was lost....

No, seriously Clive is down here visiting me for two weeks and we have been having such a great time. We have been adopted by Francisco and his family it seems. A couple of days ago we went to Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park/rainforest and stayed overnight in Quepos. The layout of this area is a little different than what I had envisioned but it was pretty amazing. By the way I am in the Central Pacific Coast area. Manual �Antonio was the first ecotourist park in CR and has some really spectacular beaches; it covers about 1,680 acres of land, with most of it seeming to be up-hill; at least this is what we thought while we were hiking through it.

We got to see a traditional carnival type of parade which had only marching bands. We also saw palm tree plantations where they harvest the palm seeds to process and make into oil. This is the industry that employs a good portion of the population of Quepos and likely surrounding areas. We stayed at the Best Western right along the ocean where we just had to cross over to be on the promenade. For dinner, not that far out of the National Park we stopped for dinner, which had a great view of the ocean and was built around a large airplane. The bar was actually built inside the body of the plane - very neat. We had a great time with the family and I didn't have to drive which was a bonus.

The Pacific Ocean here is as warm as bath water, no strong undertow and is just excellent for playing in; which we have been doing.

Till later...

Fay


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb