Mission Accomplished and the Sand of Sierpe


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post



Recap of Wednesday - July 25th

God is good, all the time…. Mission Accomplished…
Today, the team experienced both good and bad. Early in the morning on the way to the Palmar Sur school, guess what? It rained (“llevo mucho”)! Palmar Sur was formerly a banana plantation support center for the Dole Company. At the school, the team focused on telling he children about El Buen Samaritano (“The Good Samaritan”). Oh, to see the faces of the little children who were learning this parable in English y Espanol!!! In the sports arena, the girls and boys danced and participated in potato sack races. The music team not only taught the children to song, “Alleluia,” but they learned a new Spanish dance, called “Yo Loco.” Babies and parents all participated with the team.

The team ate lunch in the center of the Palmar Sur community. It rained again!! While watching the local news (CNN en Espanol), we saw a live feed of a horrific bus accident with more than 50 people injured. Thankfully, there were no fatalities. Unlike the US, news reporters in Latin America “show” everything…bodies, blood, etc. (extreme close-ups.) This was an eye-opening experience for the team. It was also an opportunity to pray for the families and the injured.

Later the team separated into three groups and prayer walked around the church neighborhood (“caminamos por el barrio”) including a local home for the elderly (“la casa de los viejos”).

There were various devotions (“Perseverance and God’s plan for service”) throughout the day (Passages: Hebrews 10:23; 12:2; James 1:3,12; Ephesians 1:11; 2:4-10; 4:12-16).

Meanwhile at “Centro De Adoracion Y Albanza”
Praise the Lord! Gonzalo ("editors clarification: formerly referred to as “Gustavo”) eagerly stepped out of the church pew as Luis Chavarria delivered the invitation for visitors to become a born again Christian!!! Sixteen people (including several children) accepted Jesus Christ as Savior! We thank you for faithfully interceding for Gonzalo and the others in the community!

Thursday - July 26th

The day began as the team headed for the rivertown of Sierpe over 50 kilometers south of Dominical. It was a beautiful drive as we meandered past the many African palm tree plantations south of Palmar Sur (the location of yesterday’s ministry). We then went to the area church, Nuevo Jerusalem and met the pastor. Pastor Mario and his wife Cecilia once again accompanied the mission team to escuela de Sierpe (“Sierpe School”).
We had another successful day at the school teaching the Good Samaritan and showing God’s love to the children. Following lunch the team was blessed to enjoy a boat ride on the Rio Sierpe viewing God’s creation.

Tomorrow, team Costa Rica heads to San Jose. Please pray for safe travel as we head northwest. The peace of God be with you (“La paz de Dios sea contigo”).


Advertisement



27th July 2007

Thank you for your wonderful Updates. We are so thankful that Gustaavo/Gonzalez accepted the Lord. We have been praying for him as well as all the other people your team encounters. Say hi to Tamara! Adios Jackie

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb