Destination: Dominical; Pathway to little ticos


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The day started off sunny and beautiful, as we began our costal caravan to Punta Dominical. Each day, we wake up to encouraging letters from you our supporters, and we want to take the time to thank each one of you who contributed to this. We left San Jose at around 9 am to start on our 4-hour journey. Along the way, we stopped at a local mercado (supermarket). There we met an ESL teacher from North Carolina, who is a native of Costa Rica. As we continued, we encountered various sights, such as different city plazas, volcanos and we even rode by the hospital, where our team leader's son was born. After 2 hours of driving, we stopped at a restaurant on top of a mountain (surprisingly, we experienced a cool burst of tropical air), where the clouds descended low. What a beautiful sight! Then we drove and drove and drove and drove some more, through narrow and curvy terrain.

We arrived at our hotel, Villas Rio Mar, had just enough time for daily devotion, which was about love (I Cor. 13), then dropped off our bags and headed off to our first church. As we pulled up, we got our first glimpse of Costa Rica's little ticos (children). No matter where you travel, singing is a national past time. The team lead the little children in several songs including "Jesus Loves Me," "Alleuyia, Alleuyia- Praise Yea the Lord." There was a lot of competition to see who could sing the loudest as the group of children were divided in the middle. Everyone won!!! Interestingly enough, as we taught the lesson about Noah's Ark, the rain came....not just a little rain, but alot of rain, in fact, ALOT of RAIN!!! Torrential rain... What a lesson, what a blessing!

Our dinner at the hotel was very, very,very delicious as it has been a long day. Our evening devotional was taken from I Kings 18) regarding Elijah. We are all called to serve the Lord and do His work in confidence. Stay tuned. We are headed to sleep as we begin very, very early tomorrow. Keep praying for the health, strength and welfare of the team. Buenas noches...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb