Pacuare River Rafting and Other Adventures


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Limón » Siquirres
September 24th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Pacauare and San jose

Pacuare River, and La Sabana Park in San Jose

Yesterday I embarked on my first river rafting adventure! Our group left Heredia at 6:00am for the Pacuare River in Limon, on the Caribbean side of the Country. On our way we stopped and had breakfast in this beautiful restaurant overlooking a canyon. The view was one of the best I've seen here yet. After a traditional breakfast of gallo pinto, fruit, and coffee, we headed down a very rocky, windy road toward the Pacuare River. Once we made it there our group divided into two rafts of five. My group included Rachel, Gina, Nneka, and Helen, and our awesome tour guide Luis. We named our team "Guapas con Luis," and of the rafts, ours was definitely the loudest when it came to screaming in the rapids. So far, river rafting is the coolest thing I've done here. The jungle lining the Pacuare River was absolutely incredible. We lucked out with a sunny day and none of the rafts flipped, and no one fell out. Unfortunately right in the beginning of our rafting trip we stopped to jump off a rock and Annamarie slipped and fell and dislocated her finger. No one knew how to pop it back in place properly so one of the guides had to take her to the hospital. The guide who took her was supposed to go ahead of us in the rapids and take our photos, but because he left with Anna, we are all without documentation of our rafting trip. Such a bummer. However we all had so much fun that we're talking of doing the same tour again in the future! After three amazing hours of river rafting, we got changed into dry clothes and went to a nearby restaurant for lunch. A nice cold cerveza sounded nice after a long day of rowing, so I bought myself and our guide imperials! (Our guide Luis later gave me his phone number before we headed back to Heredia, guess my friendly gesture was taken a little more seriously than intended haha) We arrived back in Heredia around 7:30pm where we all went home to shower, rest, and have dinner. At 10:00 Charis, Nneka, Rachel, Gina, Drew, and I all went out dancing. We met some Americans at the first bar we went to, and then went with them to a club called 212. We spent the rest of our evening there dancing it up with each other and locals and had a blast. This morning however I felt extremely tired, and my body is sore from rowing in the rapids. Today I went to San Jose with Helen, Nneka, Charis, and Adele. We had so much fun just cruzing through La Sabana park, watching hot ticos play soccer! We also had lunch, checked out a cool eco-bike event, had some ice-cream and went to the local art museum. We ended up spending the whole day there together and all in all we laughed a lot and had a relaxing afternoon. So far this weekend has been lovely, and I'm pretty sure I'm going somewhere fun with Lorena and her daughter Irina tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb