Costa Rica 11/5/09


Advertisement
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello friends,

Today was not that eventful. But, it is the calm before the storm. Cindy and George are arriving tomorrow night and i am sure we will be very busy showing them around to all our favorite places. I woke up around 8:45 and hung out on the porch waiting for Myles to wake up. I wanted to let him sleep because i know he has been going to bed very late. He got up around 10:30 and we decided to eat some frosted flakes. After breakfast we cleaned the house. We wanted to make it look nice before the parentals get here 😊 After doing the dishes, sweeping, changing the sheets, and cleaning out the fridge we went to Banana Azul to do laundry. We dropped off two loads. It is the first laundry we have done since coming here. We wanted to talk to the receptionist there to see if they could direct us to the Jaguar Rescue. We just discovered it is on the other side of town, and the pictures of it look really cool. I guess they rescue all the wild animals that people try to domesticate. They have jaguars and baby howler moneys among other things. It looks cool. I am really excited to go play with all the animals there. You know me. Anyways we are going to rent some bikes and head over there tomorrow morning to check it out.

After Banana Azul it started to rain, and even though it was only 2:30 or so, we headed into town to get some drinks before dinner, and to people watch. I have never been that interested in sitting at a bar and watching people walk by, but it is very interesting when you have nothing else to do. We first headed to see if MoJos was open, but sadly again today it was closed. Myles still wants his cheeseburger, but i guess he will have to wait. After that we headed to Tamara, a local soda, to get some drinks and an appetizer. We both got mojitos without peppermint, which i believe is my new favorite drink. It tastes like lemonade, with a bite. Its awesome. We also got a chicken plate with french fries to snack on because they did not have appetizers. The chicken was really tender and flavorful. I still think the ketchup around here tastes weird, but i guess ill get over it. After we finished our drinks we headed to an open air bar right on the beach, the name escapes me, but they show movies there every night, and the place always seems to be packed so we wanted to try it. We again got the peppermintless mojitos and they were good there too. People around here really know how to make drinks. The make them strong and if you go at happy hour they are cheap, which is great. After being pestered by this guy we met on Halloween, we decided to head to a restaurant to get dinner. The other place that we had planned on going for dinner was also closed, so we decided to try some where new.

We went to Mona Bonita's. Its a nice two story place that over looks the "harbor" so you can watch people coming and going at all hours of that day. We had been there before, but only for drinks. The people there are very nice, and the menu looked good. We both ordered pasta, mine was fettuccine alfredo and chicken, and Myles got fettuccine with basil pesto and chicken. We both also ordered drinks. The drinks were good, but the food was only ok. They forgot to give us chicken with our meals and then when the bill came they tried to charge us for it. Another thing that bothered me was, with the happy hour drinks, you had to order two of the same kind, per person. All of the other places that we have gone let us order any two drinks off of their happy hour menu. One for me and one for Myles. Kinda lame. So when the bill came we had to take two drinks to go, and have them fix the bill total to not include chicken (which would have been like $6 extra in American.) Taking the drinks with us was a whole new experience. I have never walked down the street or entered a moving vehicle with an open container.

We lumbered up the street with our new drinks to catch a taxi. There are always taxi drivers hanging out in town so we didn't have to look very hard. Once we got in the taxi we realized what a problem it would be on the dirt roads with our drinks. We both tried to safely sip our own while trying not to spill. After about a 5 minute taxi ride and 3 or 4 spills later we arrived home. Now we are just sitting here reading and checking our mail. Seeing if Cindy and George have any last minute questions. I hope they have a safe and relaxing flight. They will be here tomorrow to fill you in on all the details. Good night everyone. Sleep well, we will talk to you tomorrow.



Advertisement



6th November 2009

Crista doesnt let ANYONE take advantage...
Well as I see Myles- Crista is still tough as ever! She hasn't been at Sky Salon in weeks bossing us around, so I can only assume the people that tried to charge her for the chicken arent the only ones feeling Cristas wrath! HAHAHA! You know I love you sissy! I am SO JEALOUS and SO EXCITED that Cindy and George are going to be there tomorrow. Keep little Cindy safe shes a bit scared. Anyway love you guys and thanks for the blog.... cuz we all know "ITS LOG TIME" at the Wilson house!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb