Puerto Viejo de Talamanca to Boco del Toro, Panama


Advertisement
Published: March 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Places Visited :- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Panama border crossing and Boco del Toro, Panama

After San Jose it was back to more beach time but this time on the opposite coast and the Caribbean side. We were looking forward to seeing more nice beaches. Unfortunately as we arrived the weather took at turn for the worse and it pissed it down for the 2 days we were there, so no beach time for us. We decided to use this time to catch up with e-mails my blog and phone home. It´s surprising how many people were happy it was raining on us! This is the reason we only stayed two days and thought it would be best to move on and see if the weather gets any better.

Our next step was Panama and Boco del Toro. We were up early and had no problems crossing the Border, nice and easy which is always nice. Boco’s is also on the Caribbean coast and are a group of small Islands and the pictures we have seen look very beautiful. To get there we had a very nice and scenic boat ride through small canals of mangrove trees and surrounding jungle. We decided to stay on Isla Bastimentos as this was one of the islands with the nicest beaches. We got to stay at a nice Hostel which had its own resident sloth with a cute little baby (see Pictures), the owner said there can sometimes be upto five in the area. The beaches here were about 20 minutes walk away through forest and a bit of a pain to get to but well worth it. As you stepped out of the forest you get to see the bright blue Ocean with big waves, golden sandy beach and fringed with palm trees. I couldn’t help but think it was something out of Robinson Crusoe.

We stayed here for 4 nights and done nothing apart from chilling on the beach. One of the great things about being back on the Caribbean coast is my favorite food, spicy jerk fish and chicken, coconut rice and spicy beans. Mmmm, my mouths watering just thinking about it!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 106; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb