Day 14 - National Park and Bus to San Jose


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Limón » Cahuita
October 22nd 2009
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So today was an early start! we wanted to go to the national park before catching a bus to San Jose. When we got to the park it was pretty quiet and we only had to pay a donation which was really good too! We wondered along a trail that followed the beach which was cool as we got to see the waves and the sand but also the jungle.

First Sighting, claimed by Sandra: Monkeys! We could just about see a couple of them above us in the trees having their breakfast!

Second sighting, claimed by Tasha: TOUCANS!! Tasha spotted the Toucan not far away and quickly jabbed Sandra to look in the same direction. When she went to tap Emilys shoulder she couldnt see her... off emily has wondered towards the beach. Before this moment Tasha hadnt realised how hard it was to get someones attention without making any noise...jumping up and down, waving of the arms, mouthing of the words (not sure this helps at all!). Finally Emily turns around and makes it back in time to see the toucan. Oh and then the second toucan that Tasha also pointed out.

We then continued along the path, by this point Emily was determined to find something of excitement too! Along the way we saw loooadds of lizards and quite a few crabs too, but no sloths or monkeys up close..... then

Third sighting, claimed by Emily: Howler monkey family! They were so close and a whole family, babies and all! We watched them for a while playing in the trees and finding fruit to eat. Altho we were waiting for the almighty howl they apparently have, which never came. Maybe this was just as well.

We soon made our way back to the hostel, checkout out and headed for the bus to San Jose. This was our first long bus trip - four hours! But we both admitted that it was actually quite pleasant! Lots of mountains etc to look at.

When we arrived in San Jose we hadnt even made it off the bus before we were harrassed by about 30 taxi men shouting at us trying to get our custom. It was a struggle getting off the bus and pushing our way through the crowd to our luggage but we soon made it to a licensed cabbie who took us to the hostel no probs.

We had a lazy evening chilling in the hostel watching our new fave channel! AXN! haha! then headed for bed after a few drinks and a farewell to Sandra who was heading in a different direction!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb