Day 13 - Moving on to Cahuita


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Limón » Cahuita
October 22nd 2009
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So after waking with a slight hangover we headed straight for Mojos again for a yummy buritto breakfast! yumm!! We then checked out of our hostel and lugged our bags (which we believe somehow are getting heavier - maybe from all the bugs that are crawling into them every night) to the bus stop. Going by our trusty travel bible we thought we would only have to wait half hour for the bus. Turns out we arent as bright as we thought and the bus wasnt for another hour and a half! so we made ourselves comfortable and waited!

As the bus pulled up, we realised everyone was whipping out these little white tickets... why did we not have these? where did we get them from? dammit! why did we not understand the travel arrangements out here! We asked a blonde girl where she got hers from, her reply was oh way down there, to the right then take a left and another left and theres the ticket office! Hmmm so nooooo where near the ONLY bus stop in town? But we had no time! so we chanced it and managed to pay the bus driver directly! phewww!!

So the nice blonde girl turned out to be Austrian and her name was Sandra. She was traveling to Cahuita too to visit the natioinal park (same as us) and she was really friendly, and once again put us to shame with her amazing language skills - both english and spanish!

The bus journey was really quick and we soon found ourselves in a sleepy little village trying to find accomodation. We had a look at a couple but then bumped into Sandra again at Hostel Palmer. The owner seemed friendly and said she would give us a room to share for $7 each which was a steal! We accepted, and we shown to our room.

We then went to have a look around town which took all of 15 minutes... this place was small! and we even got recognised as "the girls with the really big bags... you looked like you were struggling!".... Great! We thought it was just in our heads that we looked like absolute wallys with our massive bags! but nooo... locals are laughing at us too!

We then went to dinner, which was nice as we got to know Sandra a bit better and she turned out to be an absolute sweetheart! We shared the best meal ever... Spaghetti with octopus in a coconut curry sauce! yummmm our mouths are watering just thinking about it! We then headed off to bed! wow we really were living it up out here! bed by 9.30? what were we thinking?

Tomorrow - 6.30am start to walk around the national park!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb