Costa Rica Day 3 - Adventure Day


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

When booking our airport transportation I also booked a tour with the same tour company, Maleku. It turns out that we had the great fortune to have our tour guide be the same person that we were coordinating with in advance. Eugenia definitely made this a special day! From the moment my wife and I got in the van, I knew we would be instant friends. Though she was born, raised and live most of her life in Costa Rica, her English is a perfect Midwest accent thanks to a year as a foreign exchange student. The adventure tour we booked was a day at Rincon de La Vieja Volcano Area which included a plethora of activities: horseback riding, zip lines, water slide, visit to the old fashion sugarcane mill, and visit to the old kitchen area in Guanacaste (coffee and snacks), hot springs, volcanic mud, waterfall and a great lunch.

We have zip lined many times so it wasn’t new but always fun, this was no exception. But if you’re thinking “water slide - big deal” you're wrong; this one was an EXHILARATING BLAST! 1/4 mile long, fast as lightning and definitely not for the faint of heart. I was giggling like a school kid the whole way down.

We had a great time painting each other up with the warm volcanic mud and then went to wash it off in the chilly waterfall. After that the payoff was soaking in a hot spring pool, warm as a hot tub. After getting dried off and changed, we had a wonderful lunch.

The entire time, Eugenia was there explaining things to us and making sure we were taken care of. She even did the horseback and zip line with us. She is so awesome. After we left the Adventure Park, Eugenia took us for a drive around the town of Liberia which was great to catch a feel for day to day life of the folks around here. Then back to the hotel, not a slow moment!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb