Costa Rica Day 2- Playa del Coco


Advertisement
Published: May 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we took a shuttle bus from the Riu to Playa Coco. We had the option of taking a boat shuttle which would cost $20 round trip and take 15 min or the bus which was $15 round trip and took 30 min. We decided to take the bus because the first availability for the boat was not until 1pm as the boat only seats 8 people. We later found out the bus was the better option anyway because the boat passengers are let out a few feet off the beach in the water, as there is not a dock. The buses run every 2 hours and are very punctual. We took the 11:00 bus, the drop off/pick up spot for our shuttle was in front of Souvenir Sussy. We walked down Coco beach. It was nice, but there are a lot of people trying to sell there goods. The town has a lot of souvenir shops and we were able to get our shopping done for the kids. We had a very nice authentic lunch (grilled fish,rice, beans, plantains and salad, 2 bottles of water and a beer for less than. $15) at Soda el Jardin. We took the 3:30 bus back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, we walked down the beach to the Monkey Bar because we heard some people on the bus talking about the monkeys that could be seen there. We saw some beautiful huge blue butterflies as well as a family of white face monkeys. There were several monkeys and they did not seem scared of us. We did not wear our bug repellent and we were being attacked by mosquitoes, so we decided to come back tomorrow when we were better prepared.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb