End of the Beginning


Advertisement
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Afternoon all,

Apologies for not updating more frequently but our time in Tamarindo was rather relaxed so thought it would be easier to give a big update at the end with all the chat. We are now back in San Jose overnight and we fly to Cancun tomorrow.

Our first month was spent in "Playa Tamarindo" a fairly small town on the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. The main reason we went was the to learn Spanish at the language school, and despite a number of very late night and challenging mornings I think we got a fairly good grounding. Other than learning (which is obviously what we dedicated the majority of our time and academic brain-power to) Tamarndo was just an awesome place to be. Amazing surfing, which i hit hard (Brad tried once too!), Prime night life, beautiful beaches and some of the greatest people in the world. Our first three weeks were spent on Tico Time, being proper chilled out and just enjoying Tamarindo. In the last week we got our jog on and saw a little more: Some beaches (Playa Avallanes - one of the most beautiful and chilled place i have ever been, Playa Langosta - where Brad got mauled by a number of underwater Rocks) The hills (did a canopy tour which is basically a series of ridiculous zip lines throught the forest - sadly all the photos were deleted due to my total inability to function a camera without proving myself to be a spanner) and the Fiesta at a nearby town called Villareal (The fiesta was mad, combine hundreds of drunk costa ricans celebrating local style, a massive homemade rodeo ring which anyone can climb into with some mardy rodeo bulls and cowboys - its like a combination of an american rodeo and the running of the bulls, fairground rides, general chaos and a blokey having a fat cotch up a twenty metre tree).

The main thing about Tamarindo was the people we met there, and it would be wrong not to name check them just in case they read this! Firstly the Diabolical Dutch = Mees and EJ you definitely know how to have a good time; the Norwegian nutters = Hugo and Henrik; The Swiss Chicas = Corinne, Alexia, Sylvain, etc.; And all the others (Andreas, Emily, Remo, to name but a few)

And of course there was our special little family: Steven (El Mandingo), Maren (Queen of the Ticos) and Page (Alright Babe?).

We'll miss you guys so much, try and have fun without us (probably impossible) and we must organise a reunion asap... it WILL happen! Stay in touch. Cushty!

I would also like to take this opportunity to officially announce the addition of another voyager to our ranks Joe "The Barry" Taylor-Eves is joining us in Mexico on thurday for the duration of the trip. Prime.

Our plans from now are take advantage of a little bit of Spring Break in Cancun before travelling south through the Yucatan Peninsula into Belize then westwards into Guatemala. Should be plenty to report so during the next month you should be getting more updates (if internet exists there?).

See ya later everyone

Genti and Brad



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Playa LangostaPlaya Langosta
Playa Langosta

I (Bradley) got destroyed by rocks here!


25th March 2008

yay
yay,we got mentioned...haha! u guys better think back from time to time while partying in cancun! the house is so empty now...damn... have fun,take care and hopefully see u again at some point... PS: we are SUPPOSED to get a TV this afternoon...bt i dont believe it until its actually sitting in our living room...;-)

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb