Testing, testing...uno, dos, tres...catorce?


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


¡Hola! (I really wish I would've started studying my Pimsleur Spanish months ago like I planned!) Well, we have been in Costa Rica for 6 days, and to call it "absolutely amazing" does not do it justice. We started our trip last Thursday by flying from Minneapolis to Liberia, CR, followed by a short car ride out to Peninsula Papagayo. We were lucky enough to join wonderful friends who helped us kick off our adventure in grand fashion! We've enjoyed great beach time, fun pool time, wonderful food and cocktails, great laughs, and amazing sightseeing. Truly a once in a lifetime experience! Our hosts were kind enough to offer their condo to us after they departed on Monday. So we've been doing more of the same, peppering studying Spanish, planning where we're headed next, and chasing various crab species in between beach and pool time.

Needless to say we are staring a swift dose of reality right in the eyes as we are getting ready to not only leave Peninsula Papagayo, but also kickin' air conditioning and excellent water pressure. Even though we are hesitant to leave the comforts of "home", Sky and I are both so excited to truly
TerrazasTerrazasTerrazas

Papagayo
begin our mid-life adventure. We've made some great contacts in the last few days that will give us a huge jump on where to go, where to stay and what to do as we head south to Tamarindo!

Well, I'm off to repack my pack, take the longest shower I've ever taken, and trim my nails so I don't leave claw marks in the tile as Sky drags me feet first through the front door out of the air conditioning. Thank you, thank you, thank you to D & EC and A & BB for the send off party. Also remembering those who gave their lives on June 6, 1944.

Pura Vida!

Becky and Sky

Advertisement



6th June 2012

Response continued
Patched up at 7:00 am. We had to get up at 5:00. Kendall was so kind and gentle. He is a bit confused why we are going all the way to LC to get this done. Funny. Everyone said to say hello and that they hAted you. No they didn't. All for now Chicago.
20th June 2012

Pura Vida Baby
Sooooo glad to hear the CR has captured your hearts already. The crab shot brings back many a memories. Keep us all living vicariously through you...

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb