Amusement Park


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Waiting Waiting Waiting

Everyone waiting for the BIG ride.
Parque de diversions - Amusement Park

The day finally arrived! We weren’t able to find much information about this park prior to our visit. One guide book described it as a splendid 12-acre Disney-style attraction. Moon handbooks called it the Williamsburg of Costa Rica. The description left us wondering. Our initial attempt to visit the park on Thursday provided just the information Callista needed to convince her THIS was the place to go. One look at the giant roller coaster was all she needed to get her adrenaline pumping. For Bill, the sign 2 x 1 Viernes got his blood pumping. Entrance for the Parque de Diversiones was about $15.00 for the three of us.

We arrived just as the gates were opening at 9am found a good parking spot in the shade and headed in with the busloads of students from various schools. Luckily we didn’t have to stand in a big line as there were more school groups than ordinary people visiting the park that morning. It also helped that our friend, Karol, is rather assertive so we walked right up to the front of the lines. Our heads spun when we walked in. Bills first and
Antique CarsAntique CarsAntique Cars

Callista chance to drive! I don´t think I´ll ever let her drive the roads in CR.
last impressions were of how clean the park was.

The first stop…the giant upside down turning roller coaster. Everyone, (except me) rushed to the line. Karol and her son later bailed out as Brayner was too small to ride. I’ve got to hand it to Hernan, he conquered his fear and rode the crazy thing. The three of them, Bill, Callista and Hernan celebrated like champions after completing the ride. We decided next it was better to go on a more tranquil ride.

After walking and riding for several hours we took out our maps and made a plan of action. We were here for one day and we wanted to ride and see everything. Karol diligently crossed off each attraction as we finished. Three roller coasters, go carts, kiddie bumper cars, antique cars, spinning cars, swinging umbrellas, two trains, pedal boats, water slide, inner tube water ride, six ice creams, ten bottles of water, four games of air hockey, a water fight in the fountain and more all eight hours. WHEW, what a BLAST!

We all had such a great day. Both the children were completely exhausted. Brayner fell asleep before we got out of the
paddle boatspaddle boatspaddle boats

Can you see the huge carp in the water?
parking lot, Callista, not long after. It takes quite a bit to wear Callista out enough for her to sleep in the car! Had there been more room in our car I think both Karol and I would have gone to sleep as well.

The pictures tell much more than my words can. Enjoy!!!

Pura Vida!

Jennifer, Bill, Callista and Bear (Who again stayed home waiting for us until well after dark)



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bumper carsBumper cars
Bumper cars

What can I say, the girl loves to drive.
Small roller coasterSmall roller coaster
Small roller coaster

I wouldn´t even get on this one! Roller coasters are not for me. Callista & Brayner rode this on 10 times at least.
studying the park mapstudying the park map
studying the park map

Here´s Bill planning our next move.


8th May 2006

hello
We visited Costa Rica about 5 years ago. San Jose area. Had a great time looking over volcanos, rain forests and coffee plantations. Wish you all the best. Thanks for all the info. The Crabbes from Escondido.

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb