Hiking at Bio Thermales


Advertisement
Published: September 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.74892, -83.7534

This morning everyone enjoyed the pastries Mom bought at the store last night. Then we went for a dip in the pools before the place opened to the public. It turns out that we didn't have to rush. It's been busy the last two days because of yesterday's holiday. Today was very quiet. Since Johan was feeling better and there weren't any day visitors he offered to take us on a hike around the property. We like it that when people take us on hikes they usually bring their machetes. What follows later in conversation is some level of consternation and incredulity when the guide says, "You don't have a machete at home?"
The hike wasn't at all difficult and had some nice views. We saw another tree frog. This one was smaller and mostly red. Mom tried a fruit that sounded like "Nancy" that we picked up from the trail; it was pretty sour. Johan harvested a few lemons for salad dressing. Mom found a nice mango and a sadly unripe avocado. At the end we shook a few guavas from a tree for lunch.
When we got back Mom and the boys went to one of the pools to
Ice cream on the porchIce cream on the porchIce cream on the porch

Alex and Josh enjoy "conos" on the porch swing after our hike and lunch.
cool off. Kate came over a few minutes later to report that, "they are chasing horse over by Reception." One of the fences must have fallen down on the job. While exploring the property closer to the casita we found a tree house and an orange tree.
Kate decided to try out the guava jelly with peanut butter for lunch. She found favor and others followed suit.
Johan says there is another animal rescue nearby, but we are going to just stay here for now.
We ended the day by watching "True Grit" on the iPad. It took most of a day to download so it will be the only TV while we are here. It got two thumbs up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Puerta de la casitaPuerta de la casita
Puerta de la casita

Johan, the caretaker here, carved the door of our casita


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb