Last day at Bio Thermales


Advertisement
Published: September 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Casita de mariposaCasita de mariposaCasita de mariposa

This was our little house
Geo: 9.74892, -83.7534

The morning weather is stunning. Of course it could all turn on a dime, but it's very pleasant at the moment. Mom made panqueques for breakfast served with guava jam. It felt very IHoP. We also had bananas which are practically free here.
Everyone collected a few "must wash" items to take to Alviana. She will launder for $5 a load. Hopefully that will get us through Monday.
Usually by now Mom would be relaxing with a book, but the staff and some day helpers seem to be using the off season for major construction projects. When it was one guy with a hammer it was no big deal, but today there are a bunch of guys, a barking dog and at least one piece of very loud machinery; not very restful. Johan reported that they have just purchased 200 trees that they are planting over the next days/weeks. Most of them are for fruit or attracting birds.
Kate's been using her down time to work on her AP summer English assignment and her music for Dona Nobis Pacem. We are proud of her for being so industrious, but the singing is driving her brothers a little nuts.
Josh has been working on
NancesNancesNances

We find these little fruits often when we go hiking. Johan told us that he eats them. He got some when he was in town yesterday. He chilled them and sprinkled them with sugar and gave us a bowl. We saw them listed as one of the fruits that the early hunter-gatherers ate. The botanical name is byrsonima.
his magic tricks, especially ones with playing cards. Kate is extremely frustrated because he has gotten pretty good at it and she can't figure out how he does it. Alex and Mom just laugh.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb