Raindrops keep falling on my head


Advertisement
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had great plans for today, a wildlife park to hunt for the Costa Rican green frog and a waterfall hike. Instead we stayed around out hostel and watched the water fall and fall and fall. I haven´t seen so much rain since last August in London! It was fully torrential, so we decided to have a lazy day playing cards and chilling with our books. We did of course manage to go out in our macs and umbrellas for breakfast, and then lunch, and then dinner. I ate the most enormous pizza, and have most entertaining photos but there is no means to upload them on this computer, so once more you´ll have to wait.

Despite doing nothing except eat we had a really good day. A friend of Sophie´s arrived at the hostel, a Canadian girl called Harja, who we´ll also be spending the Xmas period with, so that was nice. And we adopted an American called Kason and two other Canadians Rich and Jason who joined us in the mammouth pizza eating challenge.

This morning we checked out of Gringo Pete´s and made our way back on the bus to San Jose via San Ramon, another four and a hlaf hour journey that cost about one pound. We´re staying here in a hostel called Pangea. It looks like a prison from outside with barbed wire and security gates, but inside it is fantastic. The rooms are really clean, though basic. The hostel has numerous computers (though no access to the box, so no photos), and also has its own swimming pool, tv room, pool room and bar/restaurant, where the food is fantastic. I am living off rice and beans and my jeans are getting tighter and tighter, so much for all the exercise I was supposed to do! Tomorrow we are back on the bus to Cahuita on the Caribbean coast for a few days before moving on for Xmas itself.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb