Grand Cayman - 2012


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

IAH and waiting to goIAH and waiting to goIAH and waiting to go

Ready for take off.
I guess you might be wondering Grand Cayman, again? If you could see how pretty the water is, how nice everyone you visit with is, you too would come again.

Today was Day 1, where we pack up, leave home, head for the airport, wait for the plane, and then wait to land. This time, with Debby in the Gulf, we thought the ride might be longer, to fly around the storm. But with the heat so bad in Houston, the rough ride was taking off, and climbing. Heat thermals bounced the plane up, down, left right, pretty good until we got off the ground for about 45 minutes.

Then, we landed, went through customs, got the bags sniffed by the 4 legged agent. One note, if you have a dog at home, that is all around your stuff, it makes for an interested sniff. The dog was trying to decide what Echo, Jason's dog looked like I think. Then the 2 legged agent said 'work boy' and he went to other bags.

Waiting to pickup the car (for 6 adults, 2 kids you can't really call it a car) we got the mini van. In planning our trip, we thought we would hang around town, get some groceries, catch supper, then head out to the house. The agent said, if we had our luggage in the car, and left it in a lot in town, it might not be there when we got back. (I think the rent-a-car sticker on front-sides-back has batteries and blinki "rich tourist") So we decided to go ahead and head for the house, down Bodden Town Road. The agent then warned us that it was 5 oclock traffic, and that it would be awful. Uh, I think that the traffic will be okay. Where I drive everyday, it is pretty bad coming and going. We braved it anyway.

This is NOT bad traffic. One turn-about we had to wait maybe over 5 minutes to make it through, but after that, everything moved pretty well. We got to the house, unloaded our bags, and said lets eat on this end. Ah, yes, the Lighthouse, we can go there. Everyone was excited, Todd & Yvette thought it might be a Chili's type place, but when we got there, they found cloth table cloths, "reservations needed" on the door, and a friendly staff that said come on in. Since we were the first table tonight, they didn't hang on to the reservation thing too tightly.

We had a great time, had the best conch chowder on the island (my opinion from the last trip), great food, great company, and after it got dark, we headed home, got ready for bed so we could rest before tomorrow's activities.

A good day was had by all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb