Caribbean Cruise - Bonaire


Advertisement
Published: December 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

This looked quite a flat island in comparison to a lot of the other islands we had visited, but is well renowned for its sea life, so we disembarked the ship and went to Spice Beach (us$ 2.50) Arrived early enough to get a sun bed and an umbrella and Chris hired the snorkel gear (US$10) and for me a huge yellow float with a viewing place for your head! (US$15.00 for ½ hr)

It was totally amazing! You only had to walk out a few feet and then there was a shelf which is where most of the fish swam up and down, The half hour went quite quickly just watching the fish – so many shapes. colours and sizes!

At lunchtime we took a taxi (US$20) to Lac Bai passing the salt flats in the south of the island and glimpsing the flamingos that live here. Sorobon Beach was quite crowded but you only have to walk 100yards or so to find shade and an empty beach! The water colour is – well – its sort of fluorescent turquoise with the deep blue of the Atlantic ocean and its rough white waves in the far distance.

There were quite a few large lizards around and a young couple had found a friendly lizard that seemed to like the beer they had poured into a bottle cap!

Had a swim in the water and just relaxed until we got a taxi back to Kralendijk (US$5) where we had a wander around the main street before getting back on the ship.



The next two days were sea days so a chance to relax before we get to Barbados.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb