Belize Vacation


Advertisement
Belize's flag
Central America Caribbean » Belize
February 6th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Aerial view of Belize CityAerial view of Belize CityAerial view of Belize City

Belize is a premier ecotourism destination.
Ok! Let’s talk vacation… like a home to raise your family in; your vacation should be all about location! I’m thinking a Belize vacation… Virgin land tucked away between Guatemala and Mexico in Central America and bordered on the East by the majestic Caribbean Sea, Belize is the absolute best choice for a vacation. With a landmass of about 8,866 square miles, Belize boasts of its subtropical climate, a small population of 270,000 people, diverse culture, rich history and an adventure around every corner.


A few of these adventures include a visit to the 2nd longest Barrier Reef in the World, which is also proud to be of one of Belize’s seven World Heritage Sites. The astounding and mysterious Great Blue Hole, which is 1,000 feet in diameter and 480 feet deep with a cavern containing the largest underwater dripstone in the world. The tiny islands that line the coast are great for wind sailing, diving, fly fishing and snorkeling, while the atolls outside the Reef are three of the western hemisphere’s four atolls and are known by locals and tourists alike, as being some of Belize’s best diving and snorkeling sites.

In addition to aquatic escapades, there are many inland adventures that await you. The largest Jaguar Reserve in the world is a great place to go camping or hiking as you search for the elusive jaguar and other wild cats. There are also many bird watching treks where over 500 known species of birds are at your eye’s delight. If you like the idea of swinging over the canopy of the rainforest there is always zip lining which places you among the vegetation where you can get a glimpse of alluring wildlife in their natural habitat. Outside the jungle are picturesque mountains that run off onto plush landscapes that are great for sightseeing, horseback riding or hiking. For more excitement, there is always tubing or canoeing in the largest cave system in this region, or taking a dip at the foot of the tallest waterfall in Central America.

For classic Belizean culture and history, you can always hang around the old capital, Belize City, where although mostly modernized, Colonial presence is still evident in some of the buildings. Also downtown, is the only working manually swung bridge in the world; the House of Culture, formerly the Governor’s Mansion; and the oldest Church in Central America. At the other end of the city there’s the humble Museum of Belize, where the exhibits range from the People of Belize to its pre and post Independence struggles; or from collections of stamps and currency used in Belize, to a collection of priceless antiques, most of which were hand made by locals who used them centuries ago.

Whether you are looking for an adventure or just relaxation, a luxurious Belize hotel or would rather camp on the grounds of one of many Belize resorts and want to be treated with respect and hospitality then there is a Belize vacation waiting for you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb