Relaxing in Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Deo got up early today to go fishing, and then picked up breakfast on the way home, stuffed jacks. No, not the fish called a jack. Stuffed jacks are a fried dough (similar to if you deep fried a tortilla, so that it all puffed up), with different ingredients inside, like egg and cheese. Super greasy amd delicious. We had breakfast together, then Auri and I went out for awhile. Auri rented a bike, and did a bit of fishing, then we went to try to find the used clothing store (closed). Had a swim in the pool. Later Auri went back out fishing and found another kid that was fishing, so he came back to get Deo and they all went together. I took a walk, dropped off flyers at some of the hostels on the island, then stayed in the pool for awhile, talking with a French Canadian woman traveling with her family (3 kids), and a few people from California. The boys came back, they had caught 2 bone fish (they released them).
We went and had dinner (not so fancy tonight, just burgers- shrimp for me, chicken for Deo and beef for Auri). It was ok, nothing too special.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb