Last Day in San Ignacio


Advertisement
Published: October 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a very relaxing day. We slept in until about 8 or 8:30a, so we didn't book a tour or anything. Which was okay since my shoulders and arms were pretty sore.
We had some breakfast - scrambled eggs, fruit and toast, and pretty much hung out reading and playing cards. We did spend some time trying to figure out where we wanted to go next. Originally we were thinking of heading to Placencia, but upon talking to Theo and some of the guests, we decided that it would be a lot of time on a bus for only 3 nights there, and then we would also have to spend the time to take the bus back up to the cayes. So we decided to head back to Belize City and take a water taxi to Ambergris Caye for 3 nights and then go to Caye Caulker as planned for the rest of our trip. We did a little bit of research on what's happening at Ambergris and Theo gave us a great recommendation for where to stay on the cheap.
Today is also my and Adam's 11 year anniversary. We couldn't think of a place we'd rather be then hanging out in Belize.
We walked down to the grassy area to look at the iguanas again - there were about 6 or 7 of them hanging around. Adam also found a toad hopping around the main area and followed him around for awhile.
We took a small nap in the evening and enjoyed our last dinner at the Parrot Nest. We even got cake and ice cream for dessert! The ice cream was a nice treat because it's been warm and still the past couple of days.
I can't believe that it's been almost a week already. The time passed by pretty quickly. I'm sad to be leaving the Parrot Nest and the jungle, but am excited to go spend some time by the ocean.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb