Touring Belize with the Tour Guide while discovering Canadians


Advertisement
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Historic ChurchHistoric ChurchHistoric Church

This church was made out of bricks held in the hull of ships who came from Europe and left behind after the Mahogany trades.
I guess at this point you have all been waiting with baited breath for about 16 days for a posting. I am back from a much needed break from posting.

The past little while has been a whirl wind but I am happy to report that I am coming along well.

At this point most of you have figured out that the e-mails that I was sending were not making to their destinations thus the blog. This blog for those who know blogs, is simple. You can view my entries and photos, comment on them and send the link to whomever you like. I will be able to allow comments to be seen and posted for all to view, as well this will keep from my mass e-mails taking up valuable Hotmail, Yahoo etc… real estate.

Last Central American Cruise Jeanette and I were treated to a free tour from Peter Paps, the Shore Excursion Manager. We went on the City tour of Belize City. I want to learn as much about the history and culture to the places that I will be traveling to. Also, the novelty of cruising has worn off and it’s not time for
Do you remember what it was like to play at school?Do you remember what it was like to play at school?Do you remember what it was like to play at school?

Children playing at a private school in Belize
me say things other than where’s the beach.

So the City Tour, I was actually very glad that I managed to go on the City Tour with Jeanette. She is a Historical Tour Guide when back in Canada for a company called Keating Educational Tours. So it was a great way to go on a tour with someone who tours herself. I got to appreciate a lot of the other little details I may have by passed previously. We learned that Education is very prevalent in Belize with most of its schools being either built, funded or sponsored by outside countries. Most of which are 1st world nations where Education is very valued as well. Canada, China, England to name a few. We got to see Belize’s economy structure which ranges alike anywhere else from low middle and high classes. The homes, corporate buildings and recreation centres all show this as well. We stopped at a great little church which had a very Southern American States feel for me. I am sure others felt something completely different but that is what it seemed to be like for me.

We have also had a lot of crew parties as of late. Flirt Parties, Tex Mex Parties, Crew Bar Theme nights etc… So along my adventures I have managed to meet a lot of Canadians onboard. We have all managed to find a few things in common. It is also very interesting to see how many people from a country where Cruise Ship jobs seem to be a novelty manage to end up in the same place. So then the question I ask myself is? “Am I not doing something extra ordinary”? I say YES YES YES. I love it right now being able to travel, learn, work and train. All things I love to do. Plus I am meeting some great people. When you look past the shoebox sized cabins, and non-existent showers and lack of personal space, things seem so surreal.

This next cruise that I am going on will be the Southern Caribbean Cruise; it will be the first time for our new itinerary. We will be going to St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Everyone onboard says that St. Kitts is like Grand Turk. I can’t imagine but we will see and I will certainly report to all of you.
Miss you all and will talk to you soon,
Brooks



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Canadians onboard the LegendCanadians onboard the Legend
Canadians onboard the Legend

Candice is the Super Shopper, Davin is a Casino Host, Jeanette is the Club O2 Director, Sheri is the Chief Accountant and moi.


10th February 2007

HEY
HEY BROOKS, EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT AND I AM SOOO GLAD THAT YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME. IT IS REALLY COLD HERE ESPECIALLY THIS PAST WEEK WE HAVE HAD WINDCHILLS AT -30C AND OF COURSE THAT LOVELY WHITE SHIT YES SNOW. HERE I THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD NOT HAVE ANY AT ALL THIS YEAR. THE KIDS THIS CHRISTMAS GOT AN A.T.V AND WERE ACTUALLY RIDING IT CHRISTMAS DAY SINCE WE DID NOT HAVE ANY SNOW. WE WERE ALSO OUT ON THE SLEDS THIS PAST WEEKEND AND THE KIDS LOVED IT. THEY SURE MISS YA AND ASK ALL THE TIME HOW YOU ARE AND WHEN YOU ARE COMING HOME. WELL ALL IS WELL AND DID YOU KNOW THAT HOLLY CAME BACK HOME. YOUR MOM IS HAPPY ABOUT THAT. OH THANKS FOR THE POST CARD I CAME FEB 9 AND I AM SOO GLAD THAT YOU ARE NOT RUBBING IT IN OUR FACE TOO MUCH AT THE FACT YOU ARE HAVING AN AWFUL TIME LOL TAKE CARE BROOKIE POOH AND ENJOY YOURSELF THAT IS WHAT IS ALL ABOUT LOVE YA

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb