Happy Anniversary to us!


Advertisement
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Happy Anniversary to us! We spent today in Belize. It was our 20th. Here's to 20 more. I love you Chris.
Got up early and caught a boat full of Rastas out to a wee little hump of land out in the middle of the barrier reef off of Belize. The water was pretty choppy and the current strong but the water was still pretty clear. The strong current made snorkeling a little more work but we still had fun and managed to get some decent pictures. We saw some some of the largest brain coral ever. After swimming for about an hour we made it to the island and for $5.00 you could rent a beach chair. For $12.00 you could buy 2 grilled lobsters and a sausage taco. Kinda funny…
So we sat in the sand and ate. It was pretty great.
After we finished our beach side lunch in the sand we rode back with the Rastas to our ship then got on another boat and went into Belize City. I wish we could have taken the time to go inland and see more of the country but we stayed near the docks and hit several of the small shops. The people on the ship told us that it isn't safe to get too far away from the main areas.
Made it back to the boat in time to find a hammock on the "serenity deck" (that's the deck with no children). We spent the remaining daylight hours napping in the sun and drinking a bucket of beer in this giant hammock next to the hot tub. Oh yea… Life is good.
Chris made reservations at the Steak House for our anniversary. Dinner was amazing. We both had surf and turf. The dinner started out with lobster bisque followed by salad. Then the main course of filet mignon so tender I could have cut it with a butter knife. And lobster… again. The extra $30 for this special meal was well worth it and I would recommend to anyone going on a cruise. After dinner we caught a magic show and now… We're both in bed. Tired. Full. Sleepy. Think that's how vacations should be. Tomorrow Honduras!


Advertisement



16th December 2010

HOORAY
HOORAY, finally a good day!! Sounds like an anniversary you will never forget!! Mmmm lobster sounds so good!!
16th December 2010

Happy Anniversary
Sounds like a great day. Dinner sounds wonderful. Glad you are really enjoying the trip. stay safe. Love ya

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb