Lazy day...


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras
December 16th 2010
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning to the sun rising as we were sailing into Roatan. We got up and ordered room service for our coffee and sat out on our balcony and made fun of our captain's parallel parking abilities. He had to back it into the dock and it took several tries. We were almost an hour late getting into port because of it.
For something different this morning instead of eating at the buffet we ate in the platinum dining room and had eggs benedict. It was really good and the hollandaise sauce was just perfect. After breakfast we headed out into Roatan. Went thru all the duty free shops and out to the car rental place only to be told that we if we got a car it would take 2 hours to get anywhere on the island. Then 2 hours to get back. That's assuming we don't make any wrong turns. We only had 5 hours to spend in Roatan and didn't want to take the chance of missing our boat. So we stayed close to the boat drinking daiquiris and laying on the beach. It was a nice relaxing day. I really wished we could have spent a couple of days exploring Roatan and some of the surrounding islands. It was so incredibly beautiful! Lush tropical mountains and crystal clear blue waters.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb