Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Published: December 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Caye Caulker yesterday on the water taxi, after a half hour trip from San Pedro and an early morning of sea kayaking before it got too hot. We ate lunch in a little place by the ferry pier before finding our hotel. In the afternoon, we swam off our hotel pier (there's lots of sea grass right next to the shore) and found lost of interesting fish under the pier when we snorkelled. We wandered into the village and had a beer at the split, a channel through the island, sorted our laundry and located the bank. Dinner was delicious fish at the Rainbow Grill.



Today we went on a snorkelling trip - we enjoyed the last one so much that we thought we'd splash out (sorry, bad pun...) on a second one! We had three stops, the first a guided swim around some reef with lots of exciting fish and coral where we even saw a huge leatherback turtle! The second stop was a swim amongst nurse sharks, sting rays and barracuda and the third an hour to swim amongst the reef creatures on our own. We snorkelled quite a long way, spotting lots of diferent things, but it was hard work swimming against the current in places! Definitely glad we went again, although we got very wet on the way back when it rained heavily!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb