A leisurely stroll around Bridgetown


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A leisurely stroll in Bridgetown

7 of us decided to go into Bridgetown for a wander around the shops. The departmental stores are much like any other around the world selling branded goods that we are all familiar with, but at the same time they sold locally made items.
I couldn't resist going to the homeware department where they had some beautiful vases/containers for sale but I wasn't tempted to make a purchase.

We were soon in need of some liquid refreshment and made our way across Chamberlaine bridge to a waterside restaurant/bar overlooking the beautiful boats as they bobbed up and down in the water.
We saw a turtle briefly pop his head out of the water but it was camera shy so didn't manage to get a photo.
I can recommend the Barbadian Lemonade it was really refreshing on a hot day.
We nicknamed our group The Magnificent Seven much to the delight of Shanelle our delightful waitress who patiently took our order as we kept changing our minds on what to have, she was equally patient when it came to settling the bill as some of us were paying in US$ & some Barbados$.

We met several NAFAS members who had also chosen the same spot overlooking the waters edge and as we were leaving we met two ladies from Philadelphia who were exhibiting a WAFA so another 'Friends through Flowers' photo opportunity.

Stella decided to join the local men who were playing cards. One of the gentlemen was a Manchester United Fan unlike the other who was an avid Arsenal fan.
I think it brightened up their day to know that ladies from England also supported the same teams.

We passed the Parliament building which we felt resembled a church, another lovely building that was historically a building society and blank walls that were painted with shop facades.

In some of the shopping malls where units were empty they had been decorated with displays that you could take inspiration from for flower displays.

We stopped at a local fruit & veg stall, intrigued at the explanation given by the stall holder of the unfamiliar items for sale.

We all agreed it was time to head back to the hotel to enjoy some poolside R&R.
Thankyou to Werrington Flower Club ladies for inviting me along today.

Tomorrow morning early I set off to take part in the World Flower Show so it's going to be a great experience which I am looking forward too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb