remainder of Star Flyer trip and arrival in Barbados


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
November 10th 2014
Published: November 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Santa Cruz our last stop was in Las Palmas, where I spent the day looking at a flea market, the town and then to the world heritage old town on top of the mountain which was reached by a light rail tramway. Lots of lovely gardens, houses and little cafes. If I could have packed another suitcase with lots of goodies from the flea market which had everything possible to be sold. Then the long sea days began, and so did my workload. I ended up having two classes a day, knitting and Psychology lectures, and knitting and teaching conversational english to the German passengers. It was amazing that there were two couples onboard that I had known from previous cruises. One couple Heidi and Dieter from Germany were on the 2004 crossing from Greece to Thailand. The other couple were from the 2012 crossing, Ruth and Peter from Vermont.



My days started with exercises for 10 days, then I was just too busy. Then Breakfast, classes, lunch class, aqua aerobics, swimming, chatting, on the net or on the deck, then afternoon tea!! and then Zumba type exercise and finish off with a cocktail and trivia quiz before Dinner. Most nights I left the passengers to go down and prepare for the next days work (and an occasional movie). Then before I turned in for the night, I would go up on deck, either bow or stern and watch the sails, the moon, the water and just enjoying the silence. I met a lot of lovely people onboard, and the occasional annoying one. But on the whole, it was a good group. It is amazing how much different it is when you know a little German, it helped make lots of new German friends this time. Usually the two groups have not mixed well in the past, but this trip people integrated a lot more. I had the German ladies in the knitting teaching us Deutsch and then we would teach English.



All good things come to an end, and it was tough to leave and after we arrived early in the morning in hot steamy Bridgetown Barbados and arrived at the hotel, walked to the supermarket, stocked up on some fruit and drinks, then I was in the pool for the rest of the day. Another day by the pool tomorrow and a catch up with two couples from the ship, then off to Ft Lauderdale early on Tuesday Morning


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



13th November 2014

your trip
Blogs were great, what a great lot of places you have seen. Look forward to hearing more. Love and cheers Sue

Tot: 0.518s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb