Animal Flower Cave, North Point and Angry Annies


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post



We drove to the Animal Flower Cave and the most northly point on the island (surprisingly called North Point). This is another Geocache location so we solved the 3 puzzles we needed here. Thats 2 out of 6 on the island. The caves hadn't changed much since we were last there 12 years ago - I looked for my business card in the hut but as there were thousands couldnt find it. We went down into the caves and Christopher and Matthew swam in the rock pool. The guide showed us the "hand", the "lizard" and the "turtle". I could see the hand and the turtle but couldn't make out the lizard!

My colleague Howard Tonge and his wife are also in Barbados and we ran across them here. We've agreed to go to there hotel around 6 pm. for a drink tonight. They are staying at the Escape at Prospect. We had a few sandwiches overlooking the cliffs at the cave, the trade winds provide a refreshing breeze.

We then drove back via River Bay and Speightstown. We went to the beach at Speightstown but it wasn't very nice so we stopped of at Folkestone on the way back which I think is a Marine preserve so there were thousands of fish swimming around your feet and it was just like being in a giant fishing tank! We stayed longer than we had expected and as we were meeting Howard and his wife (Judith) at 6 we came back to the Villa got changed and went out.

The Escape doesn't look particularly exciting from the outside but is lovely on the inside and has great sunset views. Howards deal is all inclusive so we had a couple of beers, cocktails and cokes and then headed upto Holetown to eat at Angry Annies. She was very nice not Angry at all! The food was very good - with real chips, Catherine gave them a 9.5 and they would have been a 10 if they had been just a little longer (picky). Annie is from Birmingham they moved here on a contract in 1979 and when it ended decided to stay.

Back to the villa for the final swim of the day - Matthew and I have a little "water ear" but I'm sure it will go away.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 8; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb