Rock Sound, Eleuthera


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 24.8641, -76.1627

We are now in wonderfully sheltered and heavenly calm Rock Sound, Eleuthera.

We are back in "civilization" and I was thrilled to find an open wifi signal with my wifi booster. Cat Island was pretty remote and wifi was hard, if not impossible, to find.

Rock Sound has everything we could possibly need...a HUGE grocery store, Napa Auto Parts and large hardware store, laundromat, and plenty of little restaurants. There is only one other boat here, "Agave" and surely enough it's a family (Alex, Avi and their two sons) we met while we were back in GGT for those few days before going to Cat two weeks ago.

I visited the "Ocean Hole" on our first full day here with Alex and her two sons. I even swam in it! It apparently has 'healing properties'...Differing from a "blue hole" it apparently is connected to the ocean far below, although no one has ever found the underwater connection. The Ocean Hole follows the tides of the ocean and is filled with colourful ocean fish!

Had a lovely dinner with the crew of Agave, on our second night here, at a "new" waterfront restaurant. I had coconut curried shrimp which may very well have been the best meal I've had in a Bahamian restaurant to date!

Finally we did all of our errands and chores so that we are ready to move again at any time. We brought laundry into town first thing in the morning and had breakfast and freshly brewed, strong, coffee (that's a treat!) at a restaurant a few doors down while waiting for the cycles to finish. (BTW, the laundromat here is wonderful. Clean, spacious...and the driers fully dried all three of my loads. Impressive!) The interior of the boat has had a thorough tidying and cleaning. We've made several dinghy trips back and forth to town for propane, and with our water and diesel jugs and we are now all topped up...as well as provisioned from the above mentioned HUGE grocery store!

It's nice to be able to sit back and relax now. This is the cruising life. Many chores are more difficult, or at least more time consuming, but once they are done, we get to relax and enjoy, in paradise! I'm still loving this lifestyle!!! 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb