Just Another Day in Paradise


Advertisement
Published: January 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

CasinoCasinoCasino

Steph's first casino! I won $15 in the first 5 minutes at a nickel machine. She won $10!
Nicole, Steph, and I had been waiting weeks to visit the Atlantis Resort while we were in Nassau, and we were finally all off duty in the port together, so off to Atlantis we went.

We were super excited to see sharks, as Nicole has a great fear/strange obsession with them and we knew it would be exciting for her to see them.

We purchased the "Discover Atlantis" package, and spent the day exploring the aquariums. There were tons of cool fish, a manaray, sharks, and I finally got to see what a sea horse looks like!

I was surprised at how many of the fish I could identify and name. I guess my fish ID course from diving paid off!

We had a lot of fun hanging out today for the day, as it was Steph's last week on the ship. It was definitely worth the trip.

Nicole and I actually went back to Atlantis the following week with a couple of the other youth staff and spent the day lazing in the lazy river ride (which has not so lazy rapids and waterslides as part of it as well!)

Atlantis is definitely worth
Big Chair!Big Chair!Big Chair!

Charlie's Angels!
a visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The DigThe Dig
The Dig

Going down into the aquarium call "The Dig"
Big FishBig Fish
Big Fish

These guys were huge. Nicole found it amusing to give the fish voices. This one was the funniest.
Touch TankTouch Tank
Touch Tank

Steph with her new starfish friend
Green Moray EelsGreen Moray Eels
Green Moray Eels

SO creepy! They used to scare me while scuba diving.
Sea HorseSea Horse
Sea Horse

Just tiny little things!
Atlantis Resort HotelAtlantis Resort Hotel
Atlantis Resort Hotel

This place was HUGE!
Bridge SweetBridge Sweet
Bridge Sweet

The bridge you can see is actually a suite. It's $25,000 per night with a minimum of 4 nights stay. Oprah, Michael Jordan, and Michael Jackson have all stayed there.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb