The Bahamas and going home


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau » Bahamas
April 25th 2007
Published: April 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BeachBeachBeach

Peace on the beach man
The Bahamas were so much fun! I was greeted at the airport by Alex and Katie. We looked worlds apart, them in nice clothes, good hair and Katie in a cool blonde wig and me in my messy travel clothes, bad hair and with a big heavy backpack. We stopped the taxi to get pizza then proceeded to our hotel. Pizza/pasta could in fact be the theme of this section of my travels! Despite dire warnings about the Nassau Beach Hotel and bad reviews I thought it was amazing. It was all I could have asked for. Imagine my joy in finding a hot shower and that I could flush toilet paper down the toilet! Honestly, it's all about the simple things!

We spent our days either by the pool, on the beach, or shopping. Compare that to building clay houses!! It was a welcome break although I couldn't live in such a relaxed kinda way my whole life! Evening were spent at nice restaurants and/or with our new friends Lael and Bobby. Their ipod speakers were truly a blessing!

I've just arrived back in London after travelling since yesterday morning. Overall this trip I've been on a
DressesDressesDresses

We match
grand total of nine planes. London - Chicago - Miami - El Salvador - Honduras - Miami - Nassau - Miami - Washington DC - London. That's quite an adventure! My backpack however is still on holiday in Washington. Hopefully it'll arrive here some time soon...I guess it got lost with all my connecting flights.

I guess I'll have to conclude this blog by saying that this has truly been the trip of a lifetime never to be forgotten. I've had some of the best experiences of my life and I'll treasure the memories forever. I think I've caught the travel bug. Although it's great to be home I'm already itching to go and explore a brand new section of the world!!! Any recommendations?!?!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

GangstaGangsta
Gangsta

With our friends Bobby and Lael
CasinoCasino
Casino

I won 20cents at the casino...or lost 80...whatever
BoatBoat
Boat

On a boat to Atlantis


26th April 2007

A great blog - apart from the concluding paragraph. I don't appreciate seeing the words 'bug' and 'itching' so close after what happened to my poor legs/feet. A can of Raid will never be far from me on subsequent travels...
30th May 2007

if your looking at recommendations on where to visit next, i think Laos and Cambodia are a must, there so much culture to explore and things to see, or maybe malaya if you like the jungle! it looks like you had a great time!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb