A day at the beach


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we caught a ride to the market and bought some groceries for our town house. It was in Georgetown, about a mile away. The ride was nice and we got to see much of the town. There is only one petrol station and it was lined up with probably 20 cars. They said that is normal and they are trying to get a second station built. The market was a fun experience and it had more of a selection than I thought it would. Some things were comparable in price to the USA and some things were a lot more! We went back to our place and made some lunch. We ate some sandwiches and crackers.

In the early afternoon, we went back to Jolly Hall Beach, but this time to a different part of it. It was fantastic! Definitely my favorite beach of the ones we went to in Exuma.

We swam for well over 5 hours and took some pictures. We saw lots of fish up by the rocks and the reef. The water here was more clear and you could walk out further. There were only about 10 other people out there and they all did their own thing. We kept seeing the same people all over because the area is so small and lightly populated.

In the evening, we went back to our place to make dinner. We had some beef, carrots, and mashed potatoes. After dinner we just relaxed for a little bit and then went to sleep. There was a quick but heavy rain shower this night but the weather was mostly perfect on the entire trip.

The next day would be a boat trip to Stocking Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb