A day on Stocking Island


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Woke up today and had some breakfast. Around 11am, we got a ride from Keith to the dock in Georgetown. We only had about a 10 minute wait until the water taxi departed for Stocking Island. The boat ride was about 5 to 7 minutes through a channel of beautiful aqua blue water. The round trip fare for the water taxi is $12 per person. When we arrived, the man asked us when we would like to return and we told him 4pm. We immediately went into the water for some snorkeling. We were at Chat 'N' Chill, which is a little beachfront bar and grill.

The water was choppy today and the beach here had a real steep drop off so it was not that exciting. Went out and got some food after an hour or so.

We had burgers and fries which were just ok. After lunch it was back in the water to snorkel. I went off with a guy we met from Toronto, who was really into snorkeling as well. We saw lots of fish out near a pile of rocks and conch shells. We even picked up a starfish.

When 4pm came, we saw the water taxi arrive for us and a few others. We asked him if we could stay one more hour and he was fine with that. The last hour went by slow and we did some more snorkeling.

At 5, we rode the water taxi back into Georgetown and then walked the mile to our town house. We got to see more of the area that way. Back at the house, we cooked up some dinner and relaxed on our last evening.

It was a clear and beautiful night, with a nice breeze that broke the humidity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb