Bahama Breeze


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

For our summer trip, we wanted to go to Europe again. We could to most destinations without any problems on stand-by. However, the return flights were all bad for stand-by travel. We looked at maybe going back to Sint Maarten but I kind of wanted to go somewhere new. We also looked at going to Quito. I was looking at our route map and saw Exuma. I looked into Exuma and everything seemed to fall into place so we went for it.

We flew from Indianapolis to Atlanta the morning of July 24 on Delta 960, which was a DC-9-50 aircraft. There were two open seats in first class so I let my wife and daughter sit up there while I took coach seat 20F.

Once in Atlanta, we had about a two hour wait so we just sat around and had a light breakfast. Our connecting flight to Exuma was Delta 5607, which was a CRJ-700 aircraft. We cleared for business class on this flight and I was in seat 1A. It was a smooth two hour flight down to Exuma and I had a few of my usual gin and tonics to drink.

The arrival into the very small Exuma airport was simple. The customs and immigration hall is pretty much a trailer. We were in and out in a couple of minutes. Since we knew most places would not be open on Sunday, we went across from the airport to Kermit's Airport Lounge for some lunch. They have some really good hamburgers there! After lunch we took a taxi for the 20 minute ride to our town house at Sapphire Garden Town Houses.

We settled in for a bit and then went to Jolly Hall Beach, which was about a 5 to 10 minute walk. We swam in the clear water for a few hours and did not see much sealife but it was still very cool! After the beach, we freshened up and walked down the road to an area with a lot of outdoor food shacks by a beach. We ate some chicken at Haille's and I washed it down with some rum punch. The people there were so very friendly, as they were in Exuma in general. Later we went back to the town house to sleep.

Day one was complete in this very relaxing and low key place. Couldn't wait for day two and more beach time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb