Sunday the 26th


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 26th 2021
Published: September 27th 2021
Edit Blog Post

At last we got to worship at the New Life Tabernacle again – only to find that it is their very last time to be at this place – or any one central place. They are decentralizing in order to do more intensive outreach to needy areas,, starting in the “rougher” city of San Nicolas, and do continue establishing small groups called “life houses.” It was good to see some familiar faces and to worship so powerfully.

After a quick shop and light lunch, we were off for our final (maybe) snorkel at Boca Catalina. Late afternoon is so calm and gentle, but the light is not the best for photographing the fish. Still we found a LIONFISH – which actually no one really wants to find because it’s invasive and eats the local fish eggs. We also finally found a PORCUPINE fish, and he was enormous. Maybe he can’t fit out from under his cave!!

By the way, that last photo shows the tally of leatherback turtle nests successfully hatched on the island this year - much better than in 2020. Also, we heard from the pastor that July and August were wonderfully busy months for tourism in Aruba - which of course relies so heavily on it. We couldn't have guessed that from the low numbers we are seeing while we are here now.

We did most of our packing up tonight, so that we can check out by 10 am tomorrow after our last turtle hunt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb